The Heavy Forklift driving license course prepares the students for the RTA Driving Test to get UAE Driving License category 8.
Students who complete this course and pass RTA Tests are licensed to drive heavy forklifts.
The course offers an introduction to the different types of forklifts.
Detailed lessons on engine and loading capacity, the different types of levers along with their controls , how to operate in different working areas and in various weather conditions, focus on how to reduce maintenance expenses, increase efficiency, reduce accidents and improve operating skills, form part of the course.
Students are taught in detail about load control and how to load various kinds of materials; at which angle will the load be adjustable, how to use the bucket along with the levers for different levels.
Minimum age requirement for heavy forklift driving license course is 20 years.
Heavy Forklift criterion - Weight is more than 7.5 tons.
Key Course Content:
- Vehicle familiarization
- Steering control
- Loading and unloading
- Vehicle positioning
- Training on uneven surface
- Traffic signs, signals and road markings
Click here to learn about your training journey!
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa.
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening at the EDI centre or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- Valid visa issued in Dubai
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
- Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company): Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
- File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute
- No Objection letter /status report from the previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable to other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
- Customer holding partner visa: Copy of valid trade license.
- Customers working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
20 hours of training
|Training courses||Regular training||Friday training|
|Regular price course*
(Discount of 4 free hours included!
|AED 5,160||AED 4,800||AED 5,320||AED 4,940|
*includes lectures and only first theory test, parking test, initial driver assessment test & road test. Additional fees apply from the second test onwards; 5% VAT & eye test fee not included.
Click here for the detailed fee structure
Pay the course fees in easy installments with Emirates NBD, Mashreq Bank and more!
|3 Days every week
(1 hour training every alternate day)
|Sat - Mon - Wed||Sun – Tue - Thur|
Students can take their training only on Friday.
Heavy Forklift course can be taken only at the from EDI main center in Qusais.
Training Rules & Regulations:
- Always carry your Emirates ID, and RTA learning permit while attending the practical training, lectures, and tests.
- Please arrive 10 mins earlier than your practical training and tests.
- Should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class, you’ll be marked as “ABSENT' and compensatory training will apply by paying for the absent class.
- Should you wish to temporarily stop your training, please inform us 48 hours in advance of your scheduled training to avoid absent fees. Please by a call on 04 2631100 or email at [email protected]
- Should you wish to stop the classes due to health issues, please inform us 48 hours in advance of your scheduled training to avoid absent fees. It is mandatory to submit a DHA attested medical certificate as proof of absenteeism. Please inform us by a call on 04 2631100 or email at [email protected]
- In case your instructor is absent, we will arrange a replacement instructor & should we fail to provide another instructor, your training will be extended accordingly.
Students who register for Heavy Forklift license course need to take 2 lectures from EDI. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. We offer these lectures in English/Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at EDI main centers.
Please note that all students have to bring their Emirates ID & RTA Learning Permit for the lecture attendance.
- Lecture 1 : Traffic Sign
- Lecture 2 : Final
- Please ensure all compulsory lectures are attended before you appear for your Assessment Test, Signal Test & Road Test. Now you can also take lecture 2 in English, Arabic & Urdu via e-Lecture (online lecture). Click here to see the user guide.
- Click here for classroom lecture schedule
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
The service provides a remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages. The step is part of RTA's endeavors to enrich the Smart City initiative and realize its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How to avail RIS service?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening the RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 400 will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310.
Click here to view a list of available languages
- Obtain your RTA learner's permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
- Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
- Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before class time or you will be charged for the classes.
- Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.
|Name of Test||Test Location||Taken by||When|
|Knowledge Test*||Al Qusais||RTA||
|Initial Driver Assessment Test||Al Qusais||EDI||
|Road Test||Al Qusais||RTA||On completing the registered number of classes and tests.|