Now get trained in new Toyota Camry 2018 for your driving lessons. Appear for both parking and road test on ONE day and pay a fixed price!
Our highly qualified and experienced trainers will give you training on being a safer driver on the road.
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before the RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- for employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- for the personal sponsor (wife/husband/siblings): No Objection letter not required
- for the personal sponsor (driver/nanny/helpers): No Objection letter is required
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable for other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customers working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination:
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by the husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ Certificate from the consulting doctor
(20 hours of training)
|Other countries' valid license issued between 2 - 5 years
(15 hours of training)
|Other countries' valid license issued more than 5 years
(10 hours of training)
|Including eye test & 5% VAT!
Valid for Automatic gear only
|AED 19,000 + 5% VAT||AED 16,000 + 5% VAT||AED 12,500 + 5% VAT|
In case of reappearing of the tests, AED 2625 will be applicable for the remaining tests and the 4-hour mandatory training between each test. Additional charges may apply.
Students can complete upto 4 hours of training in a day.
NOTE: The students must bring the EDI student ID, RTA handbook and RTA Learning Permit to attend the lectures.
Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
Lecture 3: Managing Risks
Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test. Now attend 8 lectures in English, Arabic or Urdu via e-Lectures (online lecture). Get your user guide here
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
- EDI lecture schedule - click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides a remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants for as many as 195 different languages. The step is part of RTA's endeavors to enrich the Smart City initiative and realize its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How to use the RIS service?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees. This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 420/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310.
- Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
- Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
- Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
- Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.