Our Gold driving course allows you the flexibility of taking the course as per your schedule. From theory lectures, practical training to tests, everything is scheduled swiftly as per your preference and you do not have to follow the basic waiting period.
We offer Gold courses for LMV (Car), for people of determination, Motorcycle, Heavy Truck, and Light forklift training.
We use a combination of classroom training, vehicle simulators, controlled area driving and open road driving as a part of the training process.
Our methodology maximizes the student's chances of passing the RTA road test by a detailed process which reinforces and tests their skills periodically and applies corrective measures at the earliest stage.
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- The eye test must be completed before the RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s main centers (Al Qusais/Al Quoz) or at any RTA authorized optical centers in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if the profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- if Employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- If Unemployed/Personal employed sponsor: No Objection letter from the sponsor must be submitted on a white paper with a signature.
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers (less than 21 years) wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable to other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customer working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination:
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA if available (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ certificate from the consulting doctor
|Light Motor Vehicle (LMV)||20 hours of training||15 hours of training||10 hours of training|
(Including discount of
4/3/2 training hours)
|RTA fees||AED 1410||AED 1410||AED 1410|
|EDI fees||AED 13,615 + 5% VAT||AED 10,875 + 5% VAT||AED 8,235 + 5% VAT|
|Total fees||AED 15,025||AED 12,285||AED 9,645|
(15 hours of training)
(8 hours of training)
(20 hours of training)
(20 hours of training)
|Eye test fee & 5% VAT apply|
|RTA fees||AED 1410||AED 1410||AED 1,510||AED 1,270|
|EDI fees||AED 6,635 + 5% VAT||AED 4,685 + 5% VAT||AED 13,255 + 5% VAT||AED 7,790 + 5% VAT|
|Total fees||AED 8,045||AED 6,095||AED 14,765||AED 9,060|
Our Gold Driving Course gives you the flexibility to take training as per your convenience and schedule. Students can attend the training on any day at any time as per their preference. They are eligible for 4 hours of training (with a break in between) at the Al Qusais or Al Qouz centers.
- The training timings are from 08:30 am to 05:30 pm with a break from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Students start at 8:30 am and their classes can be scheduled as per their preferences.
- All vehicles are provided by the institute
Training Rules & Regulations:
1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card, and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures, and tests.
2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
3. If you wish to temporarily stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
4. In case your instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
5. You must use the MDT card for a timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
Gold Driving Course students have the advantage of taking lectures as per their convenience and time. Our course in-charge helps in organizing lectures in a special lecture hall as preferred by the student.
All students who register for 20/15/10 hours must attend 8 theory lectures available on weekdays and Fridays. Lectures can be attended online (e-lectures) in English, Urdu or Arabic or at the Al Qusais or Al Quoz main centers.
NOTE: The students must bring the EDI student ID and RTA Learning Permit to attend the lectures.
• Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Managing Risks
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
• Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
• Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Rules of Attendance
• Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test. Now you can also take all 8 lectures in English, Arabic, and Urdu via e-Lectures (online lecture) - Get your user guide here
• Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – Click here to download
• EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – Click here to download
• EDI lecture schedule - Click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages.
The step is part of RTA's endeavors to enrich the Smart City initiative and realize its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening the RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 420/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides a voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learner's permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.
Click here for the Test Details of a Motorcycle training course.
Click here for the test Details of a Heavy Truck training course.
Please ensure to carry your Emirates ID, EDI student ID, RTA learning permit, a male permit* and original country license (if any) at all times.
*If a female student below 21 years wishes to be trained a male instructor, a male permit must be obtained for AED 10.